In this tutorial, You will learn to create a simple registration form with complete validation. This form will help the user to quickly signup on to the website and store user data like Name, email, & password in the database using PHP and MYSQL. So, you can integrate it with a login system on your website.
How to Create a Registration Form Using PHP, MySQL
Before start coding, you should know the following basic points. These points will give you the best concept to create a registration form using PHP.
- Using PHP, It can take user data and send it through the POST method.
- Using MySQL, It can store the user data into the table of the database.
- It does not allow invalid data and protects from hacking.
- It creates a new account only with a unique email address.
Use the given script directly into your project. otherwise, create a folder structure like the following view for validation testing purposes.
registration-form/ |__database.php |__registration-script.php |__registration-form.php |
1. Create a MySQL Database and Table
First of all, Create a MySQL database. You can also create it directly in PHPMyAdmin.
Now, Create a Table in the MySQL database using the following query.
2. Connect MySQL Database to PHP
Now, you have to connect the MYSQL database using the following script.
File Name – database.php
3. Create a Registration Form Using HTML
Configure the following steps to create a registration form
registration-script.phpusing the following script. Don’t worry it will explain it in the next step
- Also, include the following bootstrap4 libraries to customize the form as
- Create a registration form using the HTML Code.
File Name – registration-form.php
4. Create Registration Form Script Using PHP
Before writing a script to create a registration form, you should understand the following points.
- Include database connection file using
- Assign a connection variable
$connto a new variable
- Check registration data are set using
isset($_POST['submit']), if these are set then input data will be validated.
- If all the input data are validated successfully, call a custom function
unique_email()to check a unique registration email.
- If the registration email is unique, call a custom function
register()to insert registration input data in the MySQL database.
- When Registration input data are inserted successfully, It will display a success message.
File Name – registration-script.php
Dear Developers, I hope you have learned to PHP Registration Form. Now you can easily create the registration form for your project. If you have any doubts or questions related to this tutorial, you can ask me through the below comment box. I will reply as soon as possible.
Thanks For giving time to this tutorial…